Public education is the key to fostering a violence free community. Whether through workshops, presentations, attendance at festivals/events, social media, or social action events, we work with community to proactively respond to the issue of sexual violence by raising awareness, busting myths, changing attitudes that shape rape culture, and empowering our community to take effective action. Some of the ways we accomplish this task through:
- We offer a number of presentations to a range of different groups and organizations.
- We tailor our presentations to the needs of the audience!
Presentations are tailored to the audience, which can include educational institutions, faith-based organizations, businesses, governmental organizations, non-profit organizations, and other community groups.
Some of the topics we provide presentations on include:
- Anti-Human Trafficking for Community
- Anti-Human Trafficking for Service Providers
- Sexual Violence 101
- Healthy/Helpful Relationships for Youth
- Elder Abuse
- WSN Services
Have another topic in mind? No problem! Contact us at 905.895.3646 or email@example.com to discuss the topic with our staff.
Interested in a presentation from WSN? Fill out our Presentation Request Form here.
- WSN participates in community events to increase awareness on sexual violence and human trafficking and ensure the community is informed of our services.
- Take Back the Night, our annual march and rally protesting sexual and gender-based violence, is our biggest event of the year!
WSN participates in community events to increase awareness on sexual violence and human trafficking and ensure the community is informed of our services. We can set up a booth, provide outreach materials, and be available to talk to community members about sexual violence and our services at WSN.
Want WSN to attend your community event? Contact us at 905.895.3646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The planning of York Region’s annual Take Back the Night march and rally protesting sexual and gender-based violence is led by WSN in partnership with dedicated volunteers and staff from local service providers. Click here to view the photo gallery.
Partner with WSN
Interested in partnering with us on an event? Contact us at 905.895.3646 or email@example.com.
- WSN aims to maintain a visible profile in the community, bring attention to the issues of sexual violence and human trafficking, and provide information to contextualize major media stories related to these issues.
- Follow WSN on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Can WSN provide support with a media story? Know of an opportunity for media exposure? Let us know! Contact us at 905.895.3646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.