Notice: Please note that our office is currently closed for in-person services with York Region categorized as Grey in the Ontario COVID-19 response framework. Our services continue to be offered via phone or online. Please call us at 905-895-3646.
If you or someone you know is in the game, is thinking about entering the game, is dealing with pressure to get into the game, is thinking of leaving the game or has left the game, we can support you.
Trained staff and volunteers respond to calls about sexual exploitation and trafficking with non-judgemental support. Staff and volunteers have expertise in:
- Providing emotional support and crisis intervention
- Impacts of sexual exploitation and trafficking
- Ways of coping with sexual exploitation and trafficking
- The reasons why it’s hard to get out of the game
- Safety planning
- Information on the criminal justice system
- Helping callers to understand and work through their options
- Referrals to other community services that can help, including: housing support, income support and legal support.
Call our 24/7 CRISIS LINE: 905-758-5285 TOLL-FREE: 1-800-263-6734. All calls are confidential.
Our Human Trafficking Case Manager provides individual support and advocacy to those who are in the game, or have left the game. Case management support includes:
- Basic needs such as food, clothing and hygiene items
- Referrals to other community services that can help, including: housing support, income support and legal support
- Advocacy related to what you need: for example, legal, immigration or child protective services
- Assistance with identifying education and employment options
To access Case Management services, contact us at 905-895-3646 or email@example.com.
Human Trafficking Case Management clients that live in York Region may also be eligible for a housing subsidy. Subsidy includes:
- A deposit for first and last month’s rent
- A monthly housing allowance.
To get on the waitlist or inquire, please contact us at 905-895-3646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every woman has the right to respect and dignity. At Women’s Support Network, we honour the wishes of each individual and will support their choices. We can provide condoms, bus tickets, gift cards, toiletries, and other essentials as needed. All communication is completely confidential and police will only become involved based on the wishes of the individual.
If you are feeling the need for support, we’re here to listen without judgment.
Please call our 24/7 Human Trafficking Help Line: 905.758.5285.