24/7 SEXUAL VIOLENCE CRISIS LINE: 905.895.7313 TOLL-FREE: 1.800.263.6734
Women’s Support Network of York Region Crisis Line operates 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and every day of the year. Trained staff and volunteers respond to calls with care, sensitivity and non-judgemental support.
Staff and volunteers have expertise in:
- Providing emotional support and crisis intervention
- Impacts of sexual violence, sexual exploitation and human trafficking
- Impacts of other forms of violence
- Ways of coping with sexual violence and sexual exploitation for the purpose of human trafficking
- Safety planning
- Information on the criminal justice system
- Helping callers to understand and work through their options
- Information and support for survivors of recent and historical (past) sexual violence
- Information and support for friends and loved ones who know someone who has experienced any form of sexual violence, sexual exploitation and human trafficking
- Referrals to other community services that can help including: housing support, income support and legal support
All calls are confidential.
If you, or someone you know, is in need of support please call our crisis line: 905.895.7313 or 1.800.263.6734.