Sexual Violence remains a critical social issue. ”
- Over a third of women have experienced some form of sexual assault in their life since the age of 16.
- Over 93% of reported adult sexual assault victims are female, while over 97% of those accused are male.
- The victim/survivor and the accused are known to each other in 82% of cases – as friends, acquaintances or family members.
- Fewer than 10% of sexual assault victims/survivors report the crime to the police.
– Statistics from the 2016 Ontario Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan.
We urge you to take a stand with WSN in our pledge to Eradicate Sexual Violence, and show your support through numerous avenues we have available:
WSN is always looking for dynamic, energetic volunteers who want to support survivors of sexual violence and make a difference in their community!
Volunteers participate in an excellent training program and receive on-going professional development opportunities.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- 24-hour crisis line
- Board of Directors
- Community Event Planning
- Outreach and Public Awareness
- Child Minding
You can read more about our volunteer opportunities and requirements in our Volunteer Information Package by clicking here.
Ready to apply to be a WSN Volunteer?
Download a BINGO Application Form here